This article is about plastic solutions. Here’s how you can help turn the tide on plastic.
In a world we live in today, plastic wastes overwhelms us we see plastic everywhere. Here’s a question for you, are biodegradables really the solution? Probably not. But as you can see it’s much more complicated than that.
The industry is still debating on what “biodegradable” really means. Biodegradable plastic has been around since the late 1980s. They initially promised and marketed that once you dispose of them that they would somewhat disappear. Well, we all know how that turned out. It hasn’t quite worked, did it?
Here are some tips on how you can help with plastic waste.
6 plastic solution you can help with
- Give up plastic. Wait for what? Yes, give up plastic. Maybe take your own reusable ones to the store. You see, close to a trillion plastic bags are used worldwide. Why not help out a little by bringing your own.
- Less to no straw. Unless you have medical needs skip using straws. If you don’t want to skip using one try to use the paper ones.
- Pass up those plastic bottles. Invest in a reusable bottle instead. Some even come with filters if water quality concerns you. I know prices for these can be high but that’s why it’s an investment.
- Avoid plastic packaging. As I have said earlier bring your own. I know that you heard of the eco bag, why not use that when you are going to the grocery and maybe use it again.
- Recycle. Everything can be recycled you just need your imagination. Come on, I know you can do it. Let’s recycle what we can.
- Don’t litter. Now this one is really easy and really hard at the same time. Why not start with yourself if let’s say you eat candy and the wrapper will fit you pocket why not put it there for a while and then when you see a trash can then throw it away. Simple as that.
We sure hope these tips help you on how you can help with the plastic problem.