Man Dies After Getting Licked by His Dog

Man Dies After Getting Licked by His Dog

A 64-year-old man in Germany dies after contracting a rare infection when licked by his dog.

man dies from his own dog
via Pixabay

Man dies from his own dog

Doctors warned pet owners to seek urgent medical advice if they exhibit unusual flu-like symptoms following the rare case. Details published in a paper in the European Journal of Case Reports in Internal Medicine

The man was healthy before being infected, the lick from his dog caused capnocytophaga canimorsus, a bacterium commonly found in the mouths of dogs and cats. It is transmitted to humans rarely. This is according to the report.

via Pixabay

The bacteria can be transmitted by an animal bite, but reports say that the man was not bitten.

According to the paper, produced by doctors from the Red Cross Hospital in Bremen, Germany.

The dog touched and licked him, but not bitten or injured, by his dog, his only pet, in previous weeks.

At first, the man only reported a flu-like symptom but then developed severe sepsis and purpura fulminans. This is an acute disorder that causes blood spots, bruising and discoloration of the skin as well as necrosis.

The man treated in ICU but his health continued to plummet down and he later died from multiple organ failure.

YOU’VE BEEN LIED TO…BUT WHAT IF I TOLD YOU, YOU CAN TAKE CONTROL??

This is a MUST for anyone wanting to start an online business.

Show Me How To Unlock My Financial Future!