On this page you will find information about copyright infringement procedures and policies that apply to The Daily Wot.
If anything posted on posted on this site offends your copyright, you are encouraged to send a notification of claimed infringement to the email address of the Designated Agent to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement, as listed below. We will take any and all actions that we believe are appropriate given the circumstances of claimed infringement – for example, by removing the material and contacting the person who submitted the content in question.
Submitting a Copyright Infringement Notice
In order to notify The Daily Wot of a claimed infringement, you must submit to The Daily Wot the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit The Daily Wot to locate the material.
- Information to permit The Daily Wot to contact you, such as an address, phone number, and e-mail address at which you may be contacted.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the copyright infringement notice is accurate and that the notifying party is authorized to make the complaint on behalf of the copyright owner.
Your misrepresentation of material copyright infringement shall result in you being held liable for damages, including legal fees.
Policy for Removing or Disabling Access to Material
After we receive a valid copyright infringement notice, The Daily Wot is required to:
- Remove or disable access to the material that is alleged to be infringing.
- Take reasonable steps to promptly notify the content submitter that it has removed or disabled access to the material.
- Remove repeat offenders from the system and terminate the content submitter’s access to the service.
If your account has been removed or disabled by The Daily Wot after it receives valid copyright infringement notices, you may ask for the material to be restored by sending to The Daily Wot a counter notification. The counter notification must include the following:
- Your signature.
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled.
- A statement, under penalty of perjury, that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled by mistake or as a result of misidentification of the material.
- The content submitter’s name, address, phone number, and email address, and a statement indicating that such individual consents to the jurisdiction of the Federal Court for the judicial district in which the content submitter’s address is located, or if the content submitter’s address is located outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which The Daily Wot is located, and that such individual will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
Your written counter notification must be sent to The Daily Wot’s Designated Copyright Agent via email.
Copyright Abuse Policy
The Daily Wot will cease to accept submissions from content submitters who repeatedly prompt the delivery of copyright infringement notices.
Designated Copyright Agent
The Designated Copyright Agent can be reached by email at [email protected].